What Are the Types of Air Filters In My Vehicle?
There are three types of engine air filters that most vehicles use. These are:
- Paper air filters: Paper air filters are the most common type of air filter used in vehicles today. This is because of their affordable price. However, paper air filters are not suitable for all environments. Since paper air filters are not reusable, they need to be replaced regularly.
- Gauze air filters: Gauze air filters are more long-lasting than paper air filters and can be washed. They are often not used in passenger vehicles, although you can have them installed as a custom add-on. There are two types of gauze air filters: synthetic dry and oiled gauze. An oiled gauze air filter needs to be cleaned periodically, and it is the more popular gauze air filter. The synthetic dry gauze air filter can be cleaned with a propriety cleaning solution. Gauze air filters need to be lubricated to work effectively.
- Foam air filters: Foam air filters are mostly found on very small engines, such as on those of lawnmowers. However, some automobile manufacturers will wrap foam around their vehicles' air filters to create an extra barrier that keeps debris and dirt away from your vehicle's engine and combustion chamber.
What Is the Difference Between an Air Filter and a Cabin Air Filter?
Your vehicle's air filter, also known as “the engine air filter,” prevents airborne particles such as dirt and debris from entering your vehicle's engine, which protects it as well as the vehicle's combustion system. Because of this, the air filter can provide longevity and protection for your car; as a result, regularly cleaning or replacing the air filter is important for ensuring that it always working efficiently.
The cabin air filter is designed to keep you and your passengers safe from breathing in any harmful contaminants while in your vehicle. This includes dust, dirt, pollen, mold spores, and in some cases, pollutants. Typically located behind the glovebox, the cabin air filter is part of your vehicle's HVAC system and works to filter out the air as it moves into the passenger component through vents. Replacing the cabin air filter in your vehicle is part of your vehicle’s recommended regular maintenance schedule because that will preserve the air quality inside your vehicle. It is recommended that you get the cabin air filter replaced approximately every 15,000 to 30,000 miles, although you should check with AutoWorks Car Care for specifics. By maintaining the cabin air filter, you ensure you have the cleanest air available to yourself and your passengers while also protecting sensitive components from debris like the blower motor – which is what produces the airflow in your HVAC system.
How Do I Know When My Air Filter Needs to Be Replaced?
We at AutoWorks Car Care can give you a specific interval in which you should come in for an air filter replacement. Some common signs that your air filter needs to be replaced include:
- You are getting fewer miles per gallon.
- You've recently driven in any off road conditions.
- You hear rattling from the engine bay while your vehicle is running.
- You have left your vehicle stationary for an extended period of time.
Your Trusted Shop for Air Filter Repair
Look no further than AutoWorks Car Care in Payson to fulfill all your auto repair needs. We've been repairing vehicles since 1998, and our technicians can take care of your vehicle, no matter the model or make, including Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and Chevrolet. In addition to air filter repair and replacement, we also offer services in automotive repair, preventative maintenance, and more. We are dedicated to providing a top-notch customer experience and will make sure any issues with your air filter are fixed as soon as possible.
Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
Don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with AutoWorks Car Care in Payson, UT 84651, today! We have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 1228 satisfied customers. You can schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 801-465-9096. AutoWorks Car Care - Honest, Friendly & Dependable Quality.